With the ultimate motivation of shaping the future mobility considering environmental and economical sustainability, safety and efficiency we at ITU ITS Research Lab focus on innovative research and development on network-wide transportation problems, including dynamic network modeling and optimization, real-time traffic flow modeling and control, transportation network planning and design, road safety, and rail traffic management.
Our current research focuses on;
- Zero emission transportation,
- Electric vehicle routing,
- Connected and automated vehicles dynamics,
- Integrated urban traffic control,
- Logistic operations, and
- Energy efficient rail traffic control
within the context of modeling, simulation, and optimization of dynamic network traffic.