With the ultimate motivation of shaping the future mobility considering environmental and economical sustainability, safety and efficiency we at ITU ITS Research Lab focus on innovative research and development on network-wide transportation problems, including dynamic network modeling and optimization, real-time traffic flow modeling and control, transportation network planning and design, road safety, and rail traffic management.
Our current research focuses on:
- Zero emission transportation;
- Electric vehicle routing;
- Connected and automated vehicles' dynamics;
- Integrated urban traffic control;
- Logistics operations; and,
- Energy efficient rail traffic control